Merida in the heart of Mexico's wild and wonderful Yucatan Peninsula
Merida is a strikingly beautiful city located in the state of Yucatan in Mexico. It has a long and rich history, dating back to the Maya civilization. In addition to its natural beauty, Merida is also home to interesting historical landmarks and cultural attractions. If you're looking for an amazing Mexican vacation destination, be sure to put Merida on your list!
Merida is one of the most beautiful cities in Mexico, with a vast culture. The city is home to some amazing sights, including palaces and churches that are centuries old. Plus, Merida is a great place to eat, with plenty of delicious restaurants serving up local cuisine.It is a great city for foodies , the restaurants here are amazing and very affordable. You can find food from all over the world, so there's something for everyone.
Although the selection of international food is awesome, we stuck with the local offerings and were not disappointed . Some of the most popular dishes include tacos, enchiladas, and chilies rellenos. There are also a variety of less common dishes that you can try while you're in town. Some of our faves include Huevos Motuleños., Cochinita Pibil ,Papadzules, Sopa de Lima, Queso Relleno,Panuchos and Salbutes, and some Dulce de Papaya to finish everything off.
Merida is a fascinating city with a ton of activities to enjoy. From the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza to the thrilling outdoor adventures, there's something for everyone in this amazing town. Here are my top picks for an action-packed trip to Merida.
1)Climb up El Castillo at Chichen Itza - this ancient Mayan pyramid is definitely a must-see when in Merida. At over 100 feet high, it offers amazing views of the surrounding countryside.
2) Go swimming at cenotes , these natural swimming holes are a unique sight to behold and make for a perfect summer day activity. Head to Dos Ojos Cenote for some truly breathtaking underground swimming .
3) Take a Mexican cooking class. Best food this side of Oaxaca ! If you're looking for a unique culinary experience while in Merida, be sure to check out a Mexican cooking class. These classes are the perfect way to learn about the flavors and ingredients that make Mexican cuisine so special. Plus, you'll get to try your hand at preparing some amazing dishes yourself!
4) Go shopping in Plaza Mayor. Merida's Plaza Mayor is one of the most beautiful in all of Mexico. The colonial architecture and stunning churches make it a must-see for any visitor to the city. And, if you're lucky, you'll be able to catch one of the traditional festivals that take place here throughout the year.
5) Ride horses through the Yucatan jungle. Few things in life are as exhilarating as riding a horse through the jungle. The trees tower high above you, the humidity is thick in the air, and the wildlife scurries away in all directions. If you're looking for an adventure, there's no better way to experience the Yucatan jungle than on horseback. Head out on an epic journey through nature's backyard and see what this unique corner of the world has to offer. You never know what you might find!
6) Wander around the colourful markets. Mexico is a land of color and culture, of marketplaces teeming with life, where you can buy everything from fresh fruits and vegetables to hand-crafted souvenirs. If you're looking for an authentic Mexican experience, a visit to one of the markets in Merida is a must.
7) Watch traditional dancers perform their dances. Grab your maracas, because these skilled performers are a integral part of Yucatan culture, and their vibrant costumes and energetic dancing always leave audiences cheering for more.
8} Enjoy the vibrant nightlife scene. Merida is gaining a reputation as a city with a vibrant nightlife scene. Whether you are looking for a place to dance the night away or simply want to relax with a drink in hand, you will find what you're looking for here. With so many great bars and clubs to choose from, it can be tough to know where to start.
Merida is definitely a place where you can feel the Mexican culture come alive. The locals are always friendly and welcoming, making it easy to get around and explore everything the city has to offer.
Cancun is fun but if you really want to experience the true essence of Mexico head to Merida. It is a beautiful and culturally rich city to visit. If you're looking for a vacation destination with plenty of activities, stunning scenery, and delicious food, look no further than Merida. I highly recommend visiting this amazing city! Have you been to Merida Mexico? What was your favorite part?