Dense 1936 Coffee Pound Cake
Coffee pound cake has a rich coffee taste and is a dense, moist cake with a tender crumb. All-purpose flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt, vanilla essence, and our 1936 coffee are used in its preparation.
The batter is made by creaming the butter, sugar, and eggs, adding the eggs, and then incorporating the dry ingredients and coffee progressively until thoroughly combined. A toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake is then removed cleanly after baking it in a loaf pan.
A gorgeous golden brown crust and a tender, flavorful interior define the final cake. It can be served simple or with a glaze that tastes like coffee, powdered sugar, or both. It goes well with a steaming mug of our 1936 coffee and is ideal for breakfast, lunch, or dessert.
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 4 tablespoons 1936 Vanilla instant coffee
• 1/4 cup hot water
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve the instant coffee granules in the hot water and set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and cooled coffee mixture.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
7. Fold in the sour cream until the batter is smooth.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
9. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
11. Run a knife around the edges of the cake and carefully remove it from the pan.
12. Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Indeed, pound cake has been a popular dessert for many years and is a delectable classic. It's a simple recipe for a dense, buttery cake that can be altered with different tastes and ingredients. Our 1936 Coffee Pound cake is a satisfying and cosy treat that is ideal for any event, whether you prefer to consume it plain, with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or with a decadent glaze or frosting. In conclusion, our pound cake is a cherished dessert that has endured through the years, and for good cause – it's simply delicious!
Leave a comment