Reinvigorating 1936 Coffee Chili con Carne
Move over pumpkin spice, chili con carne is the new king of flavor. There are chili recipes, and then there is this chili con carne recipe. Unlike those watery potpourris of spices that masquerade as chili, this one is the real deal, packing a hearty punch of flavor with every bite thanks to our 1936 Cubano Dark Roast coffee. Better yet, it's easy to make so you can enjoy all the glory without any of the hassle thanks to the Insta Pot. Ready to get started? Let's go!
- 1 cup dried pinto beans soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 1 cup dried red beans soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 1 cup dried black beans soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 2 medium white onions peeled and chopped
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 2 medium red bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons 1936 Cubano Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Water
2 easy steps
- Brown chopped onions and add ground beef on Sauté function . Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot®. Close lid, set steam release to Sealing, press the Chili button, and cook for the default time of 30 minutes.
2. When the timer beeps, quick-release the pressure, open lid, and stir well. If chili is too thin, press the Cancel button and then press the Sauté button and let chili simmer, uncovered, until desired thickness is reached. Serve warm.
This chili con carne recipe is the perfect dish for any chilly night. The hearty beef and beans will warm you up from the inside out, and the spices will give your taste buds a tantalizing treat. So why not give it a try? Your family and friends are sure to love it!
Leave a comment